Re: Question about connection to Oracle database in another Server

From: Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:44:51 +0800

[Quoted] But am I using the correct statement for remote connection in Pro*C?

EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password at :db_name using :db_string;

If yes, can you please tell me what the 'AT' parameter and 'USING' parameter is for ?

I am wondering where we have to give the machine name, database name, protocol to use to connect, and IP, port etc??