Re: Report Generator for Oracle and other RDBMS - SPAMers needed

From: <no_at_spam.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 21:12:46 -0700

[Quoted] In article <1087915504.673037_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan says...

>>>You are a known spammer.
>>

>> And so are you. Your sigs contain advertisement.
>
>Reference lines under a signature are not a violation of
>usenet rules in any usenet group. Try to learn something
>rather than making it up as you go.

Where are these rules written down? Nowhere? Who is the one making up rules as you go? You or me? You are making up rules that allow you to do whatever you want -- posting links to a money-making enterprise -- while prohibiting others from mentioning free tools they want to share with others?

>One might also note,
>if they cared to be objective, that the two lines
>below my signature are for a program that required a
>student register by October of last year. Hardly a great
>marketing ploy.

Then why are you posting it? Don't bother answering because it makes no difference in principle.

>>>And as I have pointed out before ... a
>>>hypocrite for posting with a fake email address.
>>>
>>>Which part of "for our new product" eludes you?
>>
>> No part of it eluded me. All Oracle tools are products.
>
>Which is the purpose of these groups. Not the promotion of
>your tools. If you want to promote your tools form your own
>group.

[Quoted] "Oracle" is a company. "Oracle" is also a product. The "Oracle" in comp.databases.oracle.tools does not mean Oracle the company. It means Oracle the database. That is why it is under the comp.databases.* hierarchy. If it was Oracle the company it won't be in the comp.databases.* heirarchy. And that means oracle.tools does not mean tools made by Oracle the company, it means tools made for Oracle the database.

>And the measure of how interested anyone will be in your tools
>is the number of people that post in the group ... should be a
>very lonely place.

You are a very bitter man.

>Please stop trying to make money by abusing us.

And you stop beating your wife, OK Daniel? Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 06:12:46 CEST

Original text of this message