Re: Report Generator for Oracle and other RDBMS - SPAMers needed

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 06:10:56 -0700

no_at_spam.com wrote in message news:<cbavvu01ir0_at_drn.newsguy.com>...
> In article <1087915504.673037_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan says...
[]

> >Reference lines under a signature are not a violation of
> >usenet rules in any usenet group. Try to learn something
> >rather than making it up as you go.
>
> Where are these rules written down? Nowhere? Who is the one making
> up rules as you go? You or me? You are making up rules that allow
> you to do whatever you want -- posting links to a money-making
> enterprise -- while prohibiting others from mentioning free tools
> they want to share with others?

Try learning that you are the one making up the rules. They are written down. check the FAQs.
 http://www.faqs.org/faqs/
and this about netiquette
 http://www.psg.com/emily.html

 They are also written in the MANY threads like this in these groups, so look back in GOOGLE and you'll find this pattern: 1. A spammer, like you posts an off topic message. Often this is the first post from this person in these groups 2. one or two regulars in the group reply, mentioning .marketplace as the appropriate place.
3. the spammer gets all hot and bothered that they have the RIGHT to post anywhere
4. more regulars reply, most pointing out that no this is still not appropriate.
5. steps 3 and 4 repeat until the spammer either learns his lesson (yes some do) or leaves.

The length of these threads is up to you.

> >One might also note,
> >if they cared to be objective, that the two lines
> >below my signature are for a program that required a
> >student register by October of last year. Hardly a great
> >marketing ploy.
>
> Then why are you posting it? Don't bother answering because
> it makes no difference in principle.

> >> No part of it eluded me. All Oracle tools are products.
> >
> >Which is the purpose of these groups. Not the promotion of
> >your tools. If you want to promote your tools form your own
> >group.
>
> "Oracle" is a company. "Oracle" is also a product. The "Oracle"
> in comp.databases.oracle.tools does not mean Oracle the company.
> It means Oracle the database. That is why it is under the
> comp.databases.* hierarchy. If it was Oracle the company it
> won't be in the comp.databases.* heirarchy. And that means
> oracle.tools does not mean tools made by Oracle the company, it
> means tools made for Oracle the database.

or do I have to email them to you????

marketplace is where your post belongs.

And a final comment: have you considered the possibility that your continued need for beta testers is directly related to the bad will you create by posting off topic? Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 15:10:56 CEST

Original text of this message