Re: SQL*Plus replacement available - SPAM SPAM SPAM

From: <no_at_spam.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2004 02:13:45 -0700

[Quoted] In article <1086240564.233750_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan says...

>> I wrote a tool. I want to know what others think of it.
>
>And I think you have every right to do so. But you could have been
>courteous and followed the rules

[Quoted] No, I have never agreed to live by your rules.

>and posted your request to
>comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. You chose not to. You chose to
>spam us.

[Quoted] "Us"? You speak for yourself.

> If you want
>> to call that "promoting a product" go ahead. What do you have against
>> products? Is it your goal to live in a product-free world?
>
>Not at all. I sell design, create, and sell products. But I do so in a
>manner that is consistent with the rules. I don't hold it against you
>that you have a product. I don't hold it against you that you are asking
>for Beta testers.

You can hold it against me till the cows come home. Won't change a thing.

>I hold it against you that you (A) didn't read the charter or (B) read
>it and chose to ignore it and/or (C) having been notified that you have
>violated the charter

Bullshit. I have (A) read the charter, (B) am not ignoring it, and you are some bozo who "notifies" me that he doesn't understand the charter.

>and spammed us haven't had the courtesy, the
>civility, or the maturity required to apologize for your error.
>
>>>You are spamming.
>>>Stop it!
>>>Or is courtesy too difficult a concept for you?
>>>

>> Writing a useful tool and giving it away is a good thing, in my book.
>
>And in ours to. Posting a message in an inappropriate usenet group,

Which would be this.

>however, has nothing to do with writing a useful tool. It has nothing
>to do with giving it away. And because you have been so rude few if
>any of us have any interest in you

Stop pretending you represent all participants. I have received plenty of interest.

>or your book except to the extent
>that we would like you to either suddenly mature, apologize, and
>repost in the appropriate usenet group or just go away.
>
>The choice is yours.

I would like you to go away. You clearly have no interest in discussing tools. If you are interested in tools I encourage you to download mine and discuss what new features you would like to see. And I'll try to add them and you will benefit, and so will many others. Received on Thu Jun 03 2004 - 11:13:45 CEST

Original text of this message