TNS-12571 when editing text boxes in developer 6i with Oracle 9.2

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 5 Dec 2003 02:53:53 -0800

Oracle DB Version: 9.2.0.1
DB character set : UTF8 (not AL32UTF8)
[Quoted] [Quoted] Client: Oracle Forms 6i Patch 14 in Client/Server mode. Client NLS_LANG: AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8.

Going through a nightmare since we moved from Oracle 8.1.7 with Forms 6.0 to Oracle 9.2 with Forms 6i!!

After much work (nls_lang, unicode fonts...), we can see UTF8 tables in Forms with their UTF8 characters OK, but when we try to EDIT one single textbox, just in the moment we strike a key (no matter if it is DEL, or another one) TNS-12571 appears!!

If we issue a single update command in, for example, WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger (UPDATE TABLE_A SET COLUMN_A='Blah,blah, blah...' WHERE Blah, blah, blah) the update works OK and the data is updated in the DB.

Searched metalink with no results.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 11:53:53 CET

Original text of this message