Re: TNS-12571 when editing text boxes in developer 6i with Oracle 9.2

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 12 Dec 2003 00:54:31 -0800

For those who were intrigued by our migration adventures... finally we did it!

I've lost the count of the trace files we've examined. I've lost the count of the number of installations/deinstallations we've made (Forms 6i: Server and Developer, with bizarre results depending on the installation order).
I've lost the count of the forum posts, metalink articles, OTN articles, miscellaneous documentation we've read. I've lost the count of the patches we downloaded and applied. I've lost the count of the different tests we made (even changing the network connection or installing it all on another machine). I've lost the count of the telephone calls asking for help, including ex-colleagues, and Oracle itself.
I've lost the count of the parameters and registry keys we changed...

...and always the f***ing 12571 when attempting to block a row from a Form (in sql*plus we actually could create the same CURSOR... FOR UPDATE with no problems in the same W2K box).

Well, ... and finally, the solution:

1.DROP the DATABASE.
2.APPLY PATCH 9.2.0.4 (250 Mb).
3.RE-CREATE THE DATABASE (Don't forget the 150 Mb for Shared_Pool and
Java_Shared_Pool EACH!!, after a couple of flawed attempts) 4.CREATE AND POPULATE THE TABLES. And misteriously... everything turns to work OK!!

It *only* took us about a month to work it out!

No more comments.

Now, let's go for the next obstacle.

Carlos. Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 09:54:31 CET

Original text of this message