Re: TNS-12571 when editing text boxes in developer 6i with Oracle 9.2

From: Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:32:52 +0100

Carlos wrote:

> Oracle DB Version: 9.2.0.1
> DB character set : UTF8 (not AL32UTF8)
> Client: Oracle Forms 6i Patch 14 in Client/Server mode.
> Client NLS_LANG: AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8.
>
> Going through a nightmare since we moved from Oracle 8.1.7 with Forms
> 6.0 to Oracle 9.2 with Forms 6i!!
>
> After much work (nls_lang, unicode fonts...), we can see UTF8 tables
> in Forms with their UTF8 characters OK, but when we try to EDIT one
> single textbox, just in the moment we strike a key (no matter if it is
> DEL, or another one) TNS-12571 appears!!
>
> If we issue a single update command in, for example,
> WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger (UPDATE TABLE_A SET
> COLUMN_A='Blah,blah, blah...' WHERE Blah, blah, blah) the update works
> OK and the data is updated in the DB.
>
> Searched metalink with no results.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

No bother looking up the error for you :-v 12571, 00000, "TNS:packet writer failure"

// *Cause: An error occurred during a data send.
// *Action: Not normally visible to the user. For further details, turn
// on tracing and reexecute the operation. If error persists, contact
// Oracle Customer Support.
--
Regards, Frank van Bortel