Re: import full vs. import all users

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:33:14 +0100

Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net> wrote:

>Answer this: which objects belong to system?
>Those are the objects your import would *try* to create (recreate when
>packages, procedures, triggers, functions, views), but fails,
>because existant.

What you are saying is that trying to import SYSTEM is completely of no use. This assumes that all SYSTEM schemas are identical in all Oracle databases; which could be true (that's why I am asking the question), but which is not trivial and should not be assumed without positive evidence.

>A full import recreates users with their original passwords, tablespaces
>in their original locations, to name a few.

Yes of course, but as I tried to explain, my question focuses not on regular users, but on users like SYSTEM. All properties (roles, profiles, grants, etc.) of each regular user can always be precreated on the database prior to import, achieving the same results as in the case of a full import. But I am not sure if this applies to users like SYSTEM, for example.

Rick Denoire Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 23:33:14 CET

Original text of this message