Re: import full vs. import all users

From: Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:11:05 +0100

Rick Denoire wrote:

> Supposing all tablespaces a dump would create if imported full were
> precreated, what difference remains if comparing a full dump import
> with a user-wise import of all regular users?
>
> One difference concerns importing the SYSTEM schema. Can I afford not
> to import the SYSTEM schema when, for example, a DB is being
> transferred accross platforms? Is there any reason to take over this
> schema as well as other like CTXSYS, OUTLN, ONAMES (i.e., not
> "regular" users)?
>
> If I don't import SYSTEM, should I (re)run any script in the rdbms
> directory for the target DB?
>
> Thanks
> Rick Denoire

[Quoted] [Quoted] Answer this: which objects belong to system? Those are the objects your import would *try* to create (recreate when packages, procedures, triggers, functions, views), but fails, because existant.

[Quoted] A full import recreates users with their original passwords, tablespaces in their original locations, to name a few.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel