Re: Button disappears when form run...

From: Teresa Redmond <pixel.work_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:27:11 -0500

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:59:25 +0100, in comp.databases.oracle.tools, "Smiley" <anoniemke888antispam_at_hotmail.com> scribbled:

>"Teresa Redmond" <pixel.work_at_verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:05:16 GMT, in comp.databases.oracle.tools,
>> Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> scribbled:
>>
>> >Don't take this wrong, I'm not trying to talk down to you ... but you
>> >did compile your form after you made changes, right? Did you try to
>> >supply the path? You might replace the call_form with a new_form to see
>> >if it's something the child form is inheriting from the parent.
>>
>> I've tried new_form and open_form, compiled all, saved as, everything
>> I could think of and nothing is working. I'm still trying to find
>> where the form_name is given a value, maybe I can do something with
>> that. I'm also reading the files recommended by the other poster.
>>
>> Any ideas, anyone, are greatly appreciated. :-)
>
>Just to be sure:
>
>Recompile the entire form (Ctrl + Shift + K) and then Generate the .fmx
>(Ctrl + T) again.

There's something new: thanks! Have been compiling the form, now will generate the .fmx every time. (but Ctrl+Shift+K doesn't work; will check in the prefs)

>If you've got attached libraries; recompile them too and generate the .plx
>again.

I think I do have some of those hanging on, but I don't think I'm working with them yet. I will keep this in mind.

>To make sure you pick up the right version of your form check the
>FORMS45_PATH in the Registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> ORACLE) and
>check the 'Start in' path of the shortcut you use to start your application.

AHA! The HLMS\Software\Oracle:Forms45_Path led to the network drive where the software that everyone is using lives. Duh! So I combed that part of the registry and made sure that the Forms and Reports keys only led to this local drive, for development. I'm not using this computer to use the "in use" software anyway! :-)))

>That's all I can think of right now.

Well, it got the job done. Generate the .fmx, gotta remember that. *that's* why my buttons weren't showing up. But the path in the registry led to the wrong place, so I couldn't see that, anyway.

>The other poster :-)

Thanks, *very* much, to you and that other poster. ;-)))

Happy Holidays, all, and many thanks for your help.

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II