Re: OTT 9 problem

From: Sergiy Keberle <prog_at_unisoft.dp.ua>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:57:01 +0300

> Hi,

Hi

> I met a strange problem when I tried to run OTT, in Oracle 9i. Even
without
> any command line input, it keeps report problems.
>
> 1)From the beginning, it reports "ORACLE_HOME: not defined". Then I
defined
> "ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle" in system environment setting.
>
> 2)After that, run OTT without other parameters, it reports error again,
> showing following message:
> "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> sqlj/framework/error/ErrorLog at oracle.ott.c.CMain.main(CMain.java:9)"
>
> I've also tried this on 3 different machines with WIN2K & oracle 9i
> (different package installation). Seems all are in the same case.
> Thereafter, I removed 9i client from my machine and reinstall it again. In
> the installing process, it notifies me that ORACLE_HOME doesn't need to be
> set, and it will clear it, since none of Oracle's products will use that
> (funny??). After the reinstallation, things are the same.
>
> BTW, OTT8 works fine. But I am using OCCI & C++, :-(
>
> I don't know whether someone else has even met the same problem. Settings
of
> my machine are:
>
> Win2K
> SP3
> VS.NET
> VS 6
>
> Can someone give me a hand with this? Thanks in advance.

I have similar problem. When I type simple jpub or ott I see the following: Execption in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ... After long survey through manuals I successufully find solution. Here it is. Look at Oracle_Client_CD\doc\readmes\README_jpub.txt These are some chunks from it:

<----Cut---->
To install JPub, follow the SQLJ installation steps, as described in the SQLJ documents just mentioned. Here is a summary.

Let ORACLE_HOME be the location into which your Oracle products have been installed.

  • Include in your environment variable CLASSPATH the appropriate Oracle JDBC driver for your environment: ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes111.zip (for JDK 1.1), or ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip (for JDK 1.2). On Windows platforms, these file names are written: ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip (for JDK 1.1), or ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip (for JDK 1.2).
  • Include in your CLASSPATH the file ORACLE_HOME/sqlj/lib/translator.zip. The translator.zip file contains the .class files for both SQLJ and JPub.
  • Include in your CLASSPATH the file ORACLE_HOME/sqlj/lib/runtime.zip. The runtime.zip file contains runtime .class files for both SQLJ and JPub. Alternatively, if you use JDK 1.1 and Oracle JDBC 9.0.1 you can instead specify the file ORACLE_HOME/sqlj/lib/runtime11.zip; or if you use JDK 1.2 or later and Oracle JDBC 9.0.1 you can instead specify the file ORACLE_HOME/sqlj/lib/runtime12.zip.
  • Make sure that you can execute commands in the directory ORACLE_HOME/bin (or ORACLE_HOME\bin). In Unix environments, this is accomplished by including the directory ORACLE_HOME/bin in your PATH environment variable. The ORACLE_HOME/bin directory includes a wrapper script or executable to simplify the invocation of JPub. <----End Of Cut---->

If messages which is produced by jpub or ott are not valid, then delete in ORACLE_HOME/sqlj/lib/translator.zip messages with your languages. After that you can see messages in English.

Sincerely yours,
Sergiy Keberle Received on Tue Dec 24 2002 - 15:57:01 CET

Original text of this message