ASP Design Question

From: Guido van Verseveld <guidovv_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:09:17 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am investigating the best way to set up our product and database up for an ASP model. This model should be able to support from 1 to 100 different users, which each should have their own set of data.

I can think of 2 ways:
1. Create a separate schema for each user, but I can foresee a maintenance nightmare with that option;
2. Add an ID to each table, relating it to the logged in user, maybe partitioning the tables per this ID. The impact would be greater in the application, but I would only have to maintain one schema.

I would like to hear from others who have tackled this issue of have other ideas.

Thanks,

Guido van Verseveld Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 15:09:17 CEST

Original text of this message