Re: desperate, need oracle help!

From: Jonathan Best <j-best2NOSPAM_at_ERASETHISshaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:07:58 GMT

[Quoted] This is what I read into it. You saw what you thought was a mistake in the [Quoted] DB, so you did what you were supposed to do, and documented it and passed it [Quoted] upward. To me, it sounds like your boss is the one who screwed up: 1. He didn't follow adequate change procedures (ie, check why something is the way it is)
[Quoted] 2. He took you at your word. (DB's should not be changed on one persons view. The change should be reviewed by at least one person. Can we say DBA meeting?)
[Quoted] 3. He didn't bother to learn the DB himself.

Chill out and remember, your boss is the one on record approving the change, even if you suggested it.

HTH
Jon