Re: desperate, need oracle help!

From: IAC <"an"underscore"user"_at_"lycos"dot"com">
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:22:07 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] Okay, so here's my story. It's vague in some places, and I apologize, but I [Quoted] [Quoted] admit I am a little paranoid about our db admin coming across these posts [Quoted] and turning me in.

[Quoted] My job is to run quick ad hoc queries on the information gathered by a rather large R&D company. I then summarize what I find, and send it off to [Quoted] [Quoted] the dept that requested it. No problems there. Along the way, however, I [Quoted] am supposed to identify quirks, flaws, abnormalities in the database and/or [Quoted] the data itself. Should I find anything, I send a different type of report [Quoted] to my boss stating what I've found and how it should be changed to make my [Quoted] life easier. This is where the problem is. Based on my suggestion, several
[Quoted] [Quoted] (15-20) rows have been removed, by my superior, from one table and placed in
[Quoted] [Quoted] a newly created table, which, for my purposes makes much more sense. [Quoted] [Quoted] However, I have come to the realization in the last couple of days that the [Quoted] [Quoted] old way was set up that way for a reason. Come the end of April, there will [Quoted] be an automated inspection of the data, which will now NOT include the rows [Quoted] that have been relocated. These are the rows that need to be reinserted [Quoted] [Quoted] into the original table before the end of the month.

There are others at this corp. who are not exactly thrilled with my status
[Quoted] (and salary) at a young age and who would jump at the chance to prove me
incompetent.

the table with the missing rows kinda looks like this: (sorry if something [Quoted] doesn't make sense, I'm just trying to provide all the details I can.) Primary Key - Integer
Short Code - text, 5 chars
Long Code - text 15 chars
Description - text 40-60 chars
Owner ID - Integer
Dept ID - Integer
Audit ID - Integer
Entry Date - Date
Expires - Date
Rating - number, 0.0 - 9.9
Process Codes - comma seperated list of Integers

[Quoted] my boss has the ability to remove rows from this main table and also to create other tables, but the privelege to add to or modify the main table is [Quoted] the hands of a very select few.

[Quoted] [Quoted] if anybody has any more questions, keep them coming, please. Just the fact [Quoted] that some are willing to take the time to ask gives me a bit of hope.

IAC Received on Sun Apr 14 2002 - 14:22:07 CEST

Original text of this message