Re: desperate, need oracle help!

From: jb <jb_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 05:23:02 GMT

it's rather easy to reinsert the rows ... if that was all that was done. however, the problem isn't really the data alteration ... it is obvious that you inherited a database without adequate documentation or documented but unknown to you. your understanding of the consequences of removing the data, especially before a critical date, is an accomplishment. but from your description of your environment, the problem is feeling that you have to be correct and can't make mistakes.

hopefully, you've learned two important lessons here: 1) don't jump too conclusion too quickly 2) don't make the original mistake worse.

i'd go directly back to your boss with the information you now have. instead of declaring a need to reverse the removal, approach it as: "here's new information ... what do you think ... do you agree". your boss made the actual changes and therefore he/she is responsible for the correction. you might offer to document this new information for future reference.