Re: Newbie question - OLB, Object Library, Pick Lists, Hierarchical Tree examples

From: Michel G. Rainville <michel.rainville_at_staff.mcgill.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:18:45 GMT

[Quoted] (1) You can load the sample *.OLB they give you and modify the standard types.
It's just a matter of changing the properties and loading your revised standard library.

(2) Use the hierarchical tree data type, because the (old?) example for that is broken.
As far as the other built in objects go, I'm using a modified calendar.pll and many pick lists of
all types and they do work. It is difficult to isolate the needed lines of code from the samples
and the help is really difficult to learn from. The books I have seen so far leave out essential
details, so you need to experiment and combine help, books, and examples to get these working.

(3) Sorry, I don't know of any source of 3rd party code.

Good luck,
Mike Rainville
Montreal, Canada