Re: Installing Discoverer on NT -- Need Help

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:23:40 +0100

[Quoted] On 23 Dec 2001 06:56:43 -0800, anil.chada_at_oracle.com (anil chada) wrote:

>Hi --
>
>I was trying to install discoverer 4.x on my laptop. I created
>seperate oracle home (c:\oracle\discoverer called ora_disc) to isntall
>this producct.
>When i run the installer , i am getting "Oracle installer does not
>support multiple installations, and therefore cannot be installed on
>ora_disc. It can only be installed on oraHome81"
>
>So i ran the installer againg and picked oraHome81 for installation,
>and now i am getting following message..
>"The location specified c:\oracle\ora81 is already used as an oracle
>home for Oracle 815 production. It cannot be used as oracle home for
>nt".
>
>Looks like i have use oraHome81, but it is not letting me install
>there because i already have 815 installed.
>
>Does anyone know, how to get around this problem.
>
>Thanks
>Anil Chada

If you read the messages carefully, you already know how to resolve it

  • Deinstall 8.1.5
  • Install Discoverer in it's default Oracle home
  • reinstall 8.1.5 in a *different* Oracle home

Complaints at Oracle, and 8.1.5 has been desupped quite a while ago.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Dec 23 2001 - 22:23:40 CET

Original text of this message