Re: Thin OCI client

From: sf <s_at_toto.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:29:44 +0100

[Quoted] Thanks for your answer.

I was just wondering why OCI programs need that much memory.

We have a 4GL runtime environment executing programs on the machine where Oracle runs. Our solution is based on a thin client architecture (only user interface is on workstations).

The application programs run on the server. If 200 users are connected, there are 200 OCI processes running on the server.

Does anyone known exactly how much memory is used by a Oracle client application written in OCI ( on Windows and Unix )?

Shared code, shared memory, dedicated memory...

Thanks.

--
Sebastien FLAESCH (sf_at_4js.com)
Open Database Interface Project Manager