Thin OCI client

From: sf <s_at_toto.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:55:00 +0100

[Quoted] Does Oracle provide an OCI equivalent of the JDBC thin driver?

If not, is it possible to link the libclntsh library with a limitted number of Oracle libraries? I heard that the PL/SQL processor is included in the client libs to parse/execute the begin/end blocks locally. We do not always use this so could it be removed from the link procedure of libclntsh?

Our main problem is memory usage of OCI client programs...

Linux: 6Mb (+ 2/4Mb for dbserver process) * nbusers is to much!

Thanks,

--
Sebastien FLAESCH (sf_at_4js.com)
Open Database Interface Project Manager