Re: Thin OCI client

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:28:00 +0100

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:29:44 +0100, "sf" <s_at_toto.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your answer.
>
>I was just wondering why OCI programs need that much memory.
>
>We have a 4GL runtime environment executing programs on the
>machine where Oracle runs. Our solution is based on a thin
>client architecture (only user interface is on workstations).
>
>The application programs run on the server. If 200 users are
>connected, there are 200 OCI processes running on the server.
>
>Does anyone known exactly how much memory is used by a Oracle
>client application written in OCI ( on Windows and Unix )?
>
>Shared code, shared memory, dedicated memory...
>
>Thanks.

[Quoted] IMO if you are having 200 processes, you need to reconfigure sqlnet and the server to use MTS (MultiThreadedServer) and you won't need 200 dedicated processes anymore, and use less memory.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 23:28:00 CET

Original text of this message