controlling SQLLdr's commit operations

From: Menelaos Perdikeas <mperdikeas_at_semantix.gr>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:50:50 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to import large amounts of data using the SQL loader tool and since I want this
to be an atomic operation I was wondering if there is any way to configure SQL loader
to do a commit only at the (successful) end of a large transaction. Setting the size of the
bind array (as described in "Determining the size of the Bind Array" in Oracle's documentation) to a value large enough to hold all the rows, even if sth. like
that were possible doesn't seem very deterministic to me. So, is there a pattern in dealing
with this type of situation or does one have to write PLSQL or OCI calls oneself
to do the importing in the intended way ??

Thanks,
Menelaos Perdikeas. Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 17:50:50 CET

Original text of this message