Re: Forms 4.5 and stored functions

From: Mark Styles <news_at_lambic.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:11:29 GMT

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:13:08 GMT, Mark Styles <mcgill_at_lambic.co.uk> wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:40:57 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker"
>>"Mark Styles" <news_at_lambic.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to use a stored function in the WHERE clause of a cursor in
>>> a Forms 4.5 procedure, but the procedure will not compile, complaining
>>> that the function does not exist. Is there a way around this?
>>
>>This not a Forms issue, it is a privilege issue.
>>You have privilege through a role and roles are disabled during compiling
>>functions.
>
>It turns out I have EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE privilege. Shouldn't this be
>enough to allow me to compile?
>
>I can compile my procedure as a stored procedure, but the compilation
>fails as a Forms procedure

After much experimentation, I finally realised what is going on. The function I'm trying to call uses package.variable%TYPE notation in the specification, which forms doesn't like, so forms is claiming the function is simply not there.

If I replace that with a simple VARCHAR parameter declaration, it all compiles fine.

The joys of only partially compatible products. Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 21:11:29 CEST

Original text of this message