Re: sql loader

From: Peter L <news_at_abc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:06:33 GMT

On 27 Sep 2001 13:03:50 -0700, daniel_cohen_sch_at_eurosport.com (daniel cohen) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a flat file with 1 million records to load.
>I loaded it with sql loader but the problem is that I have
>to load an incremental load that contain again a million
>records but 20,000 where updated 20,000 are new and 20,000 deleted.
>
>Does anyone know how to this with sql loader ?
>Is there a better way to do it ?

If you are using 9i there are a number of new features you should look into. External tables and the Merge command spring to mind. These appear designed for the kind of situation you have. I'm not on 9i so can't say how well they work. Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 20:06:33 CEST

Original text of this message