Re: Forms 4.5 and stored functions

From: Mark Styles <news_at_lambic.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:11:46 GMT

[Quoted] On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:40:57 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>This not a Forms issue, it is a privilege issue.
>You have privilege through a role and roles are disabled during compiling
>functions.
>Either grant the function directly (7.3/8.0)
>or us authid invoker in Oracle 8i

Doh, I was told I was generating as the owner of the procedure, but I just checked and you're right, it was granted through a role. The moral: always check stuff yourself :)

I don't know about the 'authid invoker' where can I read about that?

Thanks for your help Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 22:11:46 CEST

Original text of this message