Re: Looking for tools that is better than sqlplus.. please help

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:53:53 GMT

Tony Brown wrote:

> I am a newbie. I am looking for a tool that has GUI. not command lines.
>
> Are there such tools out there?
>
> How much do they cost?
>
> thanks
>
> Tony

There are. Most of them cost a lot. And there are a few decent ones that others will probably tell you about that are shareware.

[Quoted] But I'd like to urge you to forget it and learn SQL*Plus. The fact is that if you don't know SQL*Plus and know how to do everything in it you are very [Quoted] close to unemployable ... at least in any shop where I've ever been. The [Quoted] GUIs are not just pretty ... they don't just hide the command line ... they [Quoted] hide the commands and the learning.

[Quoted] After six to twelve months ... then ask the question again. Looking back ... [Quoted] you'll be glad you did.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:53:53 CEST

Original text of this message