Re: Oracle Tools (TOAD)

From: Matthew C. Aycock <matt_at_scuba.mathcs.emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:04:46 +0000 (UTC)

Andrew Werber <aweber1_at_nycap.rr.com> wrote:
:%Recently I've been using a trial version of TOAD from Quest software. It
:%seems like a very nice product. I'd like to know what other products are out
:%there like TOAD. It gives you a nice graphical interface to look at all
:%Oracle objects, and the PL/SQL or SQL used to create those objects (where
:%relevant). It shows execution times of SQL statements. Has a SQL tuner, is
:%supposed to integrate with Microsoft Source Safe (that's useful for me), has
:%a step through debugger of PL/SQL procedures and many other features. Any
:%opinions would be helpful. Our DBA seems reticent about buying it because of
[Quoted] :%cost, yet she seems willing to buy ERWIN. Go figure.

I am sure that you will find several responses mentioning other tools that perform similar functions. However, I am willing to bet that all will also be Windows only products. I am looking for a "TOAD-like" product that is available on the Solaris/SPARC platform.

Any ideas on where I can look?

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew C. Aycock
Operating Systems Analyst/Developer, Lead Dept Math/CS
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Internet: matt_at_mathcs.emory.edu Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 15:04:46 CET

Original text of this message