Re: Oracle Tools (TOAD)

From: Raymond Allo <rallo_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:37:35 GMT

[Quoted] If you are doing a lot of PL/SQL development and SQLPLUS replacement, have a look at PL/SQL Developer
[Quoted] www.allroundautomations.nl

The biggest problem I have with TOAD and SQL*Navigator is that you can't terminate long running queries or updates effectively. Also the debugger in [Quoted] PL/SQL Developer is in mho faster, more reliable then TOADs. TOAD has more stuff for DBA's but PL/SQL Developer is mean, lean and fast. I use both TOAD and PL/SQL Developer depending on what I need to do. PL/SQL Developer is commercial software
[Quoted] ($150 US) and I think well worth it. But ultimately it is all about personal preference.

Raymond