Re: Oracle Gateway and MQSeries

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rii.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:44:12 GMT

In article <94satr$o4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Clarita Davey <cdavey_at_scspa.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if any of Oracle users are using the Oracle Gateway
 for
> MQSeries product from IBM. The ultimate goal for us is to be able to
> route transactions between our mainframe databases (CA-Datacom) and
 our
> ORACLE databases on Solaris. We want to find a solution for making
 the
> transactions transparent to either system and either system can
 perform
> updates. If there are other ways of doing this, I would also be
> interested in them as well.
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

I have not used the gateway product but I have developed a connection between Oracle and an AS400 via MQSeries. I used the MQSeries c library to generate messages to send to the other database. I extracted the data from the Oracle side using proC call.

It took about a week to build a reliable c library using the basis MQSeries function and to configure and test the connection between the Solaris engine and the AS400. Most of it was getting used system.

It took another week to develop the basic Oracle/MQSeries code to generate the messages, etc. Very straight forward coding.

The product was very reliable although IMHO the error messages were very difficult to locate. There are reliably entered into a set of files. The issue is there is no mechanism for notifying anyone that the errors were accummulating.

--
Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics

Sent via Deja.com