Re: Oracle Gateway and MQSeries

From: Michael Bialik <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:22:59 GMT

Hi.

 I'm using Oracle Procedural Gateway for MQ to pass data between Oracle (

HP-UX ) and  MF ( DB2 and IMS/DB-DC ).	Initially we used C daemen process to
pass messages via Oracle pipes, but now we are	using gateway solution.  It's
quite reliable ( after we found and changed a number of kernel parameters in Unix ). The biggest annoyance now is that the gateway is truncating MQS error codes ( listing 3 first digits out of 4 ). We were not able to get correction from Oracle ( more than year! )

 HTH. Michael.

In article <94satr$o4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Clarita Davey <cdavey_at_scspa.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if any of Oracle users are using the Oracle Gateway for
> MQSeries product from IBM. The ultimate goal for us is to be able to
> route transactions between our mainframe databases (CA-Datacom) and our
> ORACLE databases on Solaris. We want to find a solution for making the
> transactions transparent to either system and either system can perform
> updates. If there are other ways of doing this, I would also be
> interested in them as well.
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com