Getting a context from a user exit

From: <jthelman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:01:07 GMT

Unfortunately, we use Oracle Forms. Much as I'd like them to go away, I have to deal with them.

I have successfully (been in production for 3 years) grabbed an LDA from Forms via a user exit, passed it on to other applications via FFI, and shared the same connection with a few DLLs.

My latest challenge is to do the exact same thing using an Oracle Context instead of an LDA. This gets me all the neat NET8/Oracle 8 object features the LDA can't manage.

Please don't repond unless you know exactly what I am talking about, but I need the exact seqence of OCI calls needed within an oracle forms user exit to get the OCI Context pointer.

ANY help would be appreciated. Oracle tech support is damn near worthless. I have received responses from them like : 'it's not an elementary question', and 'I'm not sure it can be done.' Yes, it's not elementary, that's why I asked the product authors, and I couldn't care less if the tech *thinks* it could be done - just get the damn answer yes or no.

John

[Quoted] Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 20:01:07 CET

Original text of this message