Re: Email from stored proc in Oracle 8.1.5

From: <scotten_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:48:19 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] There's alternative which works without Java, but you have to do more coding:

  • create stored proc which creates a text file containing adress, subject, message text etc. The file can be created using the utl_file package, write it to a directory on the server called 'to send'
  • create a shell script (asuming you run on Unix) which is scheduled (let's say every 2 minutes) to scan for new files in the 'to send' directory. The script reads the files and builds sendmail commands sending the e-mails from Unix. When the mail is sent, the file is moved to a 'sent' directory.

Kind regards,

Sicco Otten
Medtronic ITCE

In article <900rv2$470$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Prakash <venkatprakash_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> You can store the .class file directly into the database using the
> following Util. it comes with Oracle
>
> loadjava -u username/password_at_host:port:machine -v -r -t <yourclass
> file>
>
> And then, you can call the class from your SP.
>
> Good luck.
>
> V Prakash
>
> In article <900c5p$bng$1_at_news2.isis.unc.edu>,
> "Patrick Casey" <patrick_casey_at_unc.edu> wrote:
> > Prakash,
> >
> > I have not use Java Stored Procedures before. But I have used
 JavaMail
 in
> > our day to day web work.
> >
> > This may be a dumb question, but would I have to install JavaMail in
 the
> > database? Or could I point something to my JavaMail install in our
 class
> > library? Hmm, not sure I am explaining this well. Would I need to
 create a
> > class library within Oracle to be able to run java SP's?
> >
> > "Prakash" <venkatprakash_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message [Quoted]
> > >

> > > The only way I know is, calling a stored Java procedure. Thats how
 did
> > > in the past. We can invoke the Java stored procedure from PL SQL
> > > Procedure and in turn that java (using java Mail) will send the
 mail.

> > > Hope this helps. Thanks
> > >
> > > V Prakash
> > > venkatprakash_at_Hotmail.com