OEM 2

From: Craig Irvine <craigirvine_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 2000/07/10

[Quoted] Hi All,

We are at the beginning of a major rewrite to convert our legacy applications from Ingres 6.04 to Oracle8/8i. This is a large project and will consist of a number of development stages which we anticipate will take [Quoted] 3 - 4 years overall.

One of the areas we have just started considering is management tools for the DBA's (of which I am one). Most of us have good Ingres skills but are fairly new to Oracle. There is 1 member of the DBA group that was some experience with Oracle 7 and 8 and also with the previous version of OEM and [Quoted] apparently there were some problems with OEM 1.x.

I'm after various peoples opinions on the new OEM (2.0.4 I think), good or bad, on how it fits the bill with regard to monitoring, diagnostics and aiding in performance tuning, etc. I am particularly keen to hear from you [Quoted] if you have come across problems or limitations with OEM 2.

TIA
Craig Irvine
Unix System and Database Administrator
Office of State Revenue, Queensland Treasury

PS If this is not the right group for this type of post then please correct me. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message