Oracle Report 6i on Solaris problems!

From: <dreadlord76_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

I've been trying to test out the Report 6i server on Solaris 2.6, on a sun box, for over 2 weeks now. I've finally got everything installed, and I hope, configured correctly. showenv and showmap finally works correctly from the cgi side.
I've previously got this all setup on NT, asn was working well. That was when I decided to try on Solaris for testing.

I have not been successful in running a report at all. The report server seg faults any time I submit a request.

I've made sure that that cgi requests are submitted with the proper env setup.

I've made sure that the cgimap is setup the way I want it.

I've used sqlplus to made sure the tnsnames.ora is pointing to the db correctly.

I've used one of the sample reports to make sure I am using a unix format RDF.

I've even tried to setup a OAS cartridge to run the report rather than using the CGI.

Everytime I submit an actual report, the Report Server seg faults.

Now what? Am I stuck with running this on NT instead of Solaris?

Are there anyone who is running this stuff on Solaris successfully?

Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message