Re: WebDB - Creating Components raises Deadlock Error

From: Kirmo Uusitalo <kirmo.uusitalo.NO.SPAM_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 16:11:42 +0200

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 03:26:35 -0800, Paul Garwood <pgarwoodNOpgSPAM_at_commercial.fraser-williams.com.invalid> wrote:

>We are experiencing major problems here with creating any components
>under Web Db 2.1. We have an intermittent problem where component
>creation and generation raises a stack or errors, the underlying one
>being "ORA 0420 Deadlock Detected" locking the HTP package for the user
>creating the component. We are running Web Db 2.1 against an 8.1.5 EE
>database on Win NT 4 sp5.
>
>We have tried increasing the shared pool size and bouncing the database
>to no avail. Has anyone out there experienced this at all ?

As far as I remember, I got this problem once on 2.0.5 when I tried to edit a component that was being modified by another user (the other user had closed down the browser accidentally). Logging on with that other user's account solved the problem for me.

Probably not the same problem though.

Regards,

Kirmo Uusitalo Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 15:11:42 CET

Original text of this message