FORMS - Retrieving all filenames from files in a directory (windows)

From: Arie Mars <arie_at_pca-online.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:20:28 +0100

Hello,

[Quoted] I made an import-routine to import data from a ascii-file. This ascii-file will be placed in a directory by another windows-program. Unfortunately is uses random filenames instead of one hardcoded name.

Using a timer I want to start this import every 10 seconds. Therefore I need to check if there are any new file in this import-directory.

Until now I use the following "trick"

     HOST("dir *.txt > myfiles.all /b"); This will spool all filenames ending TXT into the file myfiles.all, without any dir-info.
Then I use the TEXT_IO.package to get these filenames.

One disadvantage is that this method shows a DOS-box shortly. There must be a nicer way to do this.

Thanks.

Arie Mars
arie_at_pca-online.nl Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 15:20:28 CET

Original text of this message