Re: WebDB - Creating Components raises Deadlock Error

From: Paul Garwood <pgarwoodNOpgSPAM_at_commercial.fraser-williams.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 07:27:32 -0800

Thanks Kirmo. Unfortunately, I do not think this is the problem in this case - there is only the odd user on at any one time, and a view of user locks just prior to component creation did not show any other users locking the HTP object !

We have since found out that Oracle think this may be a bug. The trace file for the event shows that the lock request for the HTP object is being issued by the user creating the component, and the blocking lock is the lock the user already has on the HTP object - it is directly circular.

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!