Report with trigger make me exhausted! Really need experienced people for my question.

From: <tianh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:38:41 GMT

[Quoted] ----I have a report with very clear design logic: In the BEFORE FORM Trigger, I create a temp_table, then in the AFTER FORM TRIGGER, I process the data and populate this temp_table, and in the After Report Trigger, I drop the table. (I use SRW package to create and drop this temp_table).

BTW, you know, when I work on the layout, I manually create this temp-table in the Database, then after the layout is done, and complile the report(since the PL/sql use this temp_table), then I drop the temp_table manually. Then it works fine for the first time

But after that I need to go to the SQL*Plus to drop this temp_table(the After Report Trigger does not fire for me).

The next time when I open the report, and try to run it, ** the error is "report with uncompiled PL/SQL".

Ok, then I manually create this temp_table again to gain successful compilation, and then drop the table manually, run the report, it is fine. (And of course I need to drop the table in sql*pus manually_.

This errors happens every time I open the report. I need to repeat from **. But if I stay in the Report Buider, I can run it again and again without error(except dropping table manually).

---Don't worry about my trigger not firing. When I incorporate this report into Form by creating a button to run this report, the trigger fires correctly, and I don't need to drop the table manually.

    But another problem comes out. After I run this report several time starting in Form, ***it just stop working. I checked the Report Backlog, the error is "REP-0002: Unable to retrieve a string from the Report Builder message file."--when I click the button for this report, it just does nothing.

     Can you image how I make it work again? I open this file in report builder,then compile this file again, starting from that error"uncompiled PL/SQL", and redo the procedure described above. Then go back to the form to click the button and run the report, it works fine. However, after sereval time's running, I need to repeat from *** again!!!!

    I know you may be tired of reading all the above stuff. But Please help if you know what is happening to me, what all these is for ?

     I appreciate for any suggestion.

Helen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 17:38:41 CEST

Original text of this message