Re: Report with trigger make me exhausted! Really need experienced people for my question.

From: mgumbs <mgumbsNOmgSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:55:02 -0700

There is really no need to drop and recreate the temp table each time the report is run. Could you imagine 100 users running this report and having 100 instances of the temp table scattered around the place?

Create a central temp table with all your fields, plus a unique id. You can use the users user id (uid) but you are limited to running the report once per user at a time. A better solution is to generate a unique id from a sequence and use that throughout your report session.

Either way, in your main report, you populate your temp table with your data and add your unique id to each row. In your report body, select <your data> where <whatever> and unique_id = <your_id>.
After report, delete from temp table where unique-id = <your_id>.

This way, you'll avoid your 'Report Contains Uncompiled PL/SQL' as well.

HTH M

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!