Re: Q: DBMS_OUTPUT display while processing?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:29:51 -0400

What you really need to do is write a listener process that will perform a dbms_output.get_line.

I thought I had an example program which illustrates how this is done but right now I'm unable to locate it. The concept is fairly simple. You write a Pro-C application with an embedded pl/sql block which constantly loops to perform dbms_output.get_line and then writes the output to stdout or to a file.

Ken