Oracle Application Server V4.0.7 and ORB start failure

From: Olivier Davant <davant_at_homsys.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:35:28 +0200

I've installed on NT4 SP5 :
_Oracle8 Server V8.0.5
_Oracle Application Server V4.0.7

I am not sure if I have the V 4.0.7.1, precisely because of the bug :

I cannot start ORB using the graphical interface, I receive an error message :
Waiting for ORB to be ready....ORB not responding, please restart manually...

And I cannot start ORB using the command line OWSCTL utility, I received an error message:
The instruction at "0x00255fe7" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

I can't even have the version number by using owsctl -V or even have the option by using owsctl -h !!!

I was using SP4 before, but I have read somewhere on the newsgroup that OAS is better supported by SP5.
May I try SP3 ? I've tried to find the 4.0.7.1 patch, but I've search without success on technet.oracle.com and on Metalink... I've also read that a new yt40.dll could help me, the one I am using dated from october 9th 1998 (althought I've downloaded OAS 2 weeks ago...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks. Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 16:35:28 CEST

Original text of this message