Newbie - Problems with binary files in and out of Oracle 7

From: Bernard van Niekerk <bniekerk_at_software-resource.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:12:15 GMT

I would like to populate a LONG RAW (capable of up to 2 Gig) with executables files.

The problem I have is to actualy tell SQL*Plus or PL/SQL to get the file from the disk. I can help myself to the basic stuff.

There is a way is ProC, but they break it up in 64K chunks and then populate the table. I would like to put the while executable in the table with plain SQL.

Thank you

P.S. it seem I've mised a run at this with the discussion between Lee Fesperman and Stephen Wang. Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 15:12:15 CEST

Original text of this message