Connection Problem

From: Kasi <kskasi_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:34:08 +0930

[Quoted] Hi everyone

I've just downloaded TOAD trial version and I tried connecting to my database. For some reason it doesen't seem to recognise it. It comes up with an error message saying TNS could not resolve the service name. I had a look through TNSNAMES.ORA file and it has got all the info needed to connect. I tried ping command from my computer to the server where the database is sitting and it seems to work fine. I really suspect the place where the file is sitting. Even the path command shows the path where the file is. Any suggestions.

Thanx...Kasi Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 10:04:08 CEST

Original text of this message