Re: Document Management, av. Software?

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:49:46 GMT

Oracle works fine as the backend.
We are building a system to support scanned images for a tax agency. (1,000,000 images per year).
We are doing character recognition using Captiva. The software is OK but the company was a nightmare to deal with.

My only suggestion would be to do some serious prototyping prior to getting into full development. Figuring out the right way to do things took us a very long time.

If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me directly.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.