Document Management, av. Software?

From: Gudrun Janssen <janssen_at_itu.fzk.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:55:51 +0200

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are planning to setup a documentation management system. With this I mean:
- scanning in documents

    [Quoted]
  • archiving documents
  • full text search in archived documents
  • print out of this documents (as bitmap?)
  • if possible converting back archived documents to word files
  • if possible archive documents as wordfiles

For other purposes we already have an Oracle Database. So we are thinking
about using Oracle as the bottom of the system.

My questions are:
What software is available for this (with or without Oracle)? Do you have expiriences with the system? Advantages, Disadvantages? Does the system fullfill my requests? Does it even offer more opportunities?
Should I expect the system to have more opportunities?

Many thanks for any information and please ask me if I didn't explain well enough.

Greetings
Gudrun Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 10:55:51 CEST

Original text of this message