Re: Do you have an interesting Trigger application?

From: Valeri Sorokine <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:43:59 +0400

Connor McDonald wrote:

> Eric Hanson wrote:

<snip>

> > * Have you run into limits where you wanted to be able to define more
> > triggers than you were able to?
> NO - there is no limit to my knowledge (7.3+)

There is a small limitation for cascading triggers:

"...When a statement in a trigger body causes another trigger to be fired, the triggers are said to be cascading. Oracle allows up to 32 triggers to cascade at any one time. However, you can effectively limit the number of trigger cascades using the initialization parameter OPEN_CURSORS, because a cursor must be opened for every execution of a trigger."

Oracle7 Server Application Developer’s Guide Release 7.3

<snip>

--
Valeri Sorokine
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division