Do you have an interesting Trigger application?

From: Eric Hanson <hanson_at_cise.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:50:25 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm a researcher working on the development of improved database trigger systems. Can any of you tell me about how you're using triggers? In particular:
  • Do you think the Oracle trigger system is scalable enough?
  • Is it fast enough? [Quoted]
  • Have you run into limits where you wanted to be able to define more [Quoted] triggers than you were able to? [Quoted]
  • Would you be interested in being able to test trigger conditions and run [Quoted] trigger actions in a separate transaction from the original update, to improve update response time? [Quoted]
  • How satisfied are you with the trigger system in Oracle? What do you [Quoted] like/not like about it? [Quoted]
  • If you were able to define thousands of triggers, could you use that capability? [Quoted]
  • Would you be interested in using triggers on how a value in the database [Quoted] changes over an extended period of time (e.g. trigger if this field drops by 20% in a month)?

[Quoted] [Quoted] Thanks for any perspective you can give as a trigger user!

Eric Hanson
Associate Professor
Computer and Information Science and Engineering Department University of Florida
hanson_at_cise.ufl.edu Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 04:50:25 CEST

Original text of this message