Re: Help launching another app from Forms

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 29 Jan 1999 18:03:40 GMT

You could try
HOST ('$C:\bin\netscape.exe mypage.html') ;

What if the user did not load netscape. What if it is not installedn in \bin,......

Pedro MARTEL (Pedro.Martel_at_cern.ch) wrote:
: Good afternoon.

: I am working on Forms Dev 4.5

: I would like one of my triggers to make Windows 95 open Netscape for me.
: (Or then just raise it from the task bar and open an URL).
: BUT I don't want to spend days becoming a Windows 95 expert (this of
: course, in case such a thing exists...) and learning everything about
: DLLs and that.

: So, if you know any shortcut to this (it would be nice to have something
: like: '$C:\bin\netscape.exe mypage.html' wouldn't it?) I would
: appreciate.

: If not, please let me know an easy way to do this without having to
: enroll into MS University.

: Thanks in advance
: Pedro
: --
: Vous voulez globaliser ? Commencez par les Droits de l'Homme !

: Pedro Martel | Tel: +41-22-7674372
: CERN - EST | Fax: +41-22-7678890
: | Pedro.Martel_at_cern.ch

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u