Re: Problem with Jinitiator

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 20:23:05 +0100

Ashok Upadhyay wrote
> Has anybody encountered it before?

No, but I still like to share some thoughts.

We found that JInitiator is not too nice when using Internet Explorer. We did not test this for Netscape, but the problem is that the user may not close the initial JInitiator browser window. Well, fine, than let's not close it. However, when a user clicks an internet shortcut (say: oracle.com), Internet Explorer will use any open browser window to open that shortcut. This way, the user easily forgets that the current browser window also was the intial JInitiator browser window. When the user now closes the oracle.com window, the Forms application terminates :-(

Arjan. Received on Fri Dec 04 1998 - 20:23:05 CET

Original text of this message