Re: Sending Oracle Reports output to Clients Browser for read or Download on WWW

From: Richard Leigh <rleigh_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:44:01 +1100

The extension of the generated file on the server should be .txt if it is text file. Use the Web.show_document command in webforms to point the uses browser att he file - they will be asked whether to open with notepad or save to disk....

This is the way you transfer documents from server to client... You can do the same with CSV files for excel (XLS extension) and text files for Word (DOC extension). Let the client helpers (in their browsers) determine how the file is handled...

This is about all your limited to without OLE in webforms...

Cheers,

--
Richard Leigh
Senior Projects Leader - Special Projects