Sending Oracle Reports output to Clients Browser for read or Download on WWW

From: <baker6095_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:30:21 GMT

[Quoted] Hi, We have developed an application using oracle forms that accesses an Oracle 7 database via the world wide web. The client requests data from the database and report writer generates a file in text or acrobat pdf format when the client clicks on a button. This file goes to a physical directory currently, however my question is... can this report file be sent to the clients web browser (via http), and generate the standard window for opening or saving the file to the clients PC, after which he can view the generated file on his own hard disk. Any insight, suggestions, solutions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.